(premium shoyu in unique flake form)
Basic characteristics and use:
- Artisan-made soy sauce is freeze-dried. The result is a light, crispy, coarse and mild salty "salt". SOY SALT is a perfect condiment for sushi, sashimi, salad, beef steak, pasta, tempura, French fries or grilled and steamed vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or other risotto rice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sake or white wine
- 4 to 5 cups chicken stock
- 7 ounces edamame soybeans, cooked and pureed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- SOY SALT from MTC Premium
In a pot heat olive oil and cook onion. Add sake or white wine and cook until alcohol is nearly absorbed. Add risotto rice and stir until it is well coated with oil and liquid. Add 1/3 cup chicken stock to the pot and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed.
Continue adding stock and cooking until rice is done al-dente.
Add pureed edamame and parmesan cheese to the pot and mix.
Transfer risotto to four serving bowls and garnish each top with SOY SALT.