(flash-frozen high quality tuna)
Basic characteristics and use:
- CHO-TEION REITO MAGURO, flash-frozen, premium quality tuna includes farmed blue fin and wild big eye and yellowfin tuna. After the catch tuna is immediately slaughtered, bled, cleaned and frozen at -76 °F.
- Flash-frozen, premium quality tuna excels in quality compared to fresh tuna that requires substantial shipping and handling before it reaches to consumers and sushi chefs.
- Use Flash-frozen premium quality tuna in any sushi and sashimi preparations.
- 3 ounce defrosted CHO-TEION REITO MAGURO from MTC Premium, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 ounce avocado, cut into tiny cubes
- 1/2 ounce red baby radish, cut into tiny cubes
- 1/2 ounce blanched okra or raw cucumber, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 tablespoons minced pickled sushi ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced shiso or coriander leaf
- Lemon juice
- Shiro Shibori (wheat soy sauce) from MTC Premium
- Suzu Shio sea salt from MTC Premium
- Baguette, sliced thin, blushed with olive oil and toasted until crisp
In a bowl mix the tuna, avocado, radish, okra or cucumber, shiso or coriander and sushi ginger.
Add generous amount of lemon juice, wheat soy sauce and sea salt to taste. Decorate the top of each sliced baguette with tuna mixture.