Learning About Shochu:
What is the average shelf life of shochu?
Technically shochu does not have a shelf life since distilled alcoholic beverages are not so high in sugar and/or protein content. Shochu is usually more than 25% in alcohol content, so technically it can be enjoyed for a long time without risk of decomposition. Many times people age shochu more, just as whiskey enthusiasts prefer well-aged bottles.
Shochu should be kept in a cool, dark place. Once it is opened, the taste of the shochu begins to change progressively as time passes. Once opened, shochu should be consumed within a couple of months.
Tips to enjoy shochu including food matching lists.
- What are the various types of shochu?
- What are the basic ingredients in shochu?
- What is Koji-kin, and how does it affect shochu?
- What is the effect of the distillation process on shochu?
- What is the percentage of alcohol, and how does it affect shochu?
- What is the average shelf life of shochu?
- How is shochu made?
- How should one serve shochu?
- How to enjoy shochu with a variety of different foods?
- How should shochu be stored?
- How can one begin educating wait staff be about shochu?
- Shochu varieties
- The relationship between shochu and hangovers
- Shochu has a moderate number of calories!
›› Our Wholesale Shochu ListOver hundred of Japanese sake information including photos of bottles, downloadable labels, shelf talkers!
Looking for wholesale, bulk Japanese tablewares, restaurant supplies or equipment?Visit our online store, MTC Kitchen (www.mtckitchen.com)
For shochu, Japanese sake, Japanese food and beverages,Please submit inquiry or call us at 201-806-1827.