Learning About Japanese Sake, Jizake
The health benefits of sake
1. Preventing CancerJapanese sake contains many components, including amino acids. Amino acids have many beneficial aspects for health because they activate brain function and strengthen the immune system. Amino acids may also help to prevent cancer as well.
Sake kasu, the lees or by-product of pressing, also were found to activate the Natural Killer Cell. The Natural Killer Cell, a kind of lymphocyte known to kill only cancer cells. Sake kasu is usually used for making Japanese pickles (tsukemono.)
2. Prevention of CirrhosisMany have falsely believed Japanese sake to be harmful to the liver. This is not true. If the function of the liver is getting weak, or if some amino acids are lacking, then it may be difficult to process protein. Sake's amino acids can help to ensure good health.
3. Preventing ArteriosclerosisCholesterol is necessary for maintaining proper health but can result in arteriosclerosis in excessive amounts. This well-known bad cholesterol can be counter-balanced with good cholesterol. Japanese sake has been shown to be effective in increasing good cholesterol levels and producing better blood flow.
4. Preventing of Angina pectoris or Cardiac InfarctionModerate quantities of Japanese sake prevent angina pectoris or cardiac infarction because of sakes effectiveness in dissolving thrombi or increasing good cholesterol.
5. Preventing aging and senilityIt is well known that people who drink Japanese sake every day in moderation, have better brain function than people who don't drink at all. It was also recently discovered that peptide in Japanese sake is very effective in preventing forgetfulness.
6. Preventing of OsteoporosisOsteoporosis is a disease which makes bones brittle and susceptible to breakage. There is no specific medical treatment for Osteoporosis, but women can prevent it by use of certain female hormones. Japanese sake was found to increase these hormones in women if drunk in moderation (3-6 glasses per week.)
- What is the meaning of the rice polishing ratio and how does it affect sake?
- What are the various categories of sake?
- What is meant by the S.M.V?
- What is acidity, and how does it affect sake?
- What are amino acids, and how do the various levels affect sake?
- What does % of alcohol mean, and how does this affect the sake?
- What is a Toji?
- What is the average shelf life of sake?
- How is sake brewed?
- How is sake rice (sakamai) different from table rice?
- How does brewing water affect the sake produced?
- How and why sake should be enjoyed at different temperatures.
- How one can enjoy sake with a variety of different foods.
- How should one serve sake?
- How should one properly store sake?
- How one can go about constructing a sake menu.
- How one can begin educating wait staff about sake.
- The history of Japanese sake
- Sake varieties
- The proper way to warm sake
- The health benefits of sake
- Sake makes your skin beautiful
- Is sake high in calories?
- Why are sake bottles colored?
Our Wholesale Japanese Sake ListOver hundred of Japanese sake information including photos of bottles, downloadable labels, shelf talkersl!
- Browse Sake List by Brand A-Z
- Browse Sake List by Brewery A-Z
- Browse Sake List by Category
- Browse Sake List by Region